Today we officially release Canopy Geoscience 0.10.0, our Python-based analysis environment for geoscience data.
Canopy Geoscience integrates data I/O, visualization, and programming, in an easy-to-use environment. Canopy Geoscience is tightly integrated with Enthought Canopy’s Python distribution, giving you access to hundreds of high-performance scientific libraries to extract information from your data.
The Canopy Geoscience environment allows easy exploration of your data in 2D or 3D. The data is accessible from the embedded Python environment, and can be analyzed, modified, and immediately visualized with simple Python commands.
Feature and capability highlights for Canopy Geoscience version 0.10.0 include:
- Read and write common geoscience data formats (LAS, SEG-Y, Eclipse, …)
- 3D and 2D visualization tools
- Well log visualization
- Conversion from depth to time domain is integrated in the visualization tools using flexible depth-time models
- Integrated IPython shell to programmatically access and analyse the data
- Integrated with the Canopy editor for scripting
- Extensible with custom-made plugins to fit your personal workflow